Talc Powder of Avani Group of Industries is the powdered form of Magensium Silicate. It possesses several physical and mechanical properties which uniquely suit Plastics and Polymers manufacturing. Following is a snapshot of how Plastics and Polymers industry finds use for Talc powder:
- Talc is a soft mineral and easily micronizable into fine particle sizes. Subsequently, these fine particles of Talc efficiently fill up inter-particular spaces within polymer compounds. This, in turn, increases the stiffness and impact strength of plastics and polymers.
- Talc has better thermal conductivity in comparison to polymer. This means that heat transmission through the mixture is quicker because of the presence of Talc. As a result, both the processing and cooling of plastic compounds is accelerated because of Talc, leading to faster production rates.
- Polymers filled with fine and lamellar (platy & layered) Talc can withstand more strain without deformation (creep or cold flow) as compared to unfilled polymers. Additionally, Talc also achieves the highest creep resistance against any other mineral filler.
- Talc’s lamellar structure, combined with its fineness, fills up smallest of pores in plastics. Consequently, this prevents water vapour or oxygen transmission through the resulting plastics. This property is crucial for food and pharmaceuticals packaging industry.
- Due to its hydrophobicity (water-repellent nature) and chemical inertness, Talc contributes chemical resistance to plastics and polymers.
Avani Group of Industries specialises in manufacturing extremely fine and lamellar Talc. Our Talc powder suits all the needs for plastics and polymers.
Contact us to know more about our plastic grade Talc powder.