Talc Powder of Avani Group of Industries is the powdered form of Magnesium Silicate. It possesses several physical and mechanical properties which uniquely suit rubber manufacturing. Following is a snapshot of how Rubber industry finds use for Talc powder:
- Talc is smooth and slippery. This is why, it is used as a lubricant. As such, it is used to dust moulds, apply between sheets of rubber or apply on surface of any rubber product to prevent stickiness.
- Talc is organophilic in nature. This means that it has an affinity for binding with organic compounds, such as resins from the rubber sap. Additionally, Talc has fine and platy particles with a large surface area. Because of these characteristics, it interacts extremely well with the rubber matrix, filling up any gaps within the polymer chains. As a result, it improves mechanical properties of rubber like tensile strength, toughness and resilience.
- Due to its lamellarity, Talc integrated within the matrix reduces permeability of gas through the rubber. The property is extremely important for rubber tyres.
- The micro-crystalline molecular structure of Talc is flexible. Hence, it maintains the elasticity of rubber even under high load and provides compression resistance.
- Talc reduces electrical conductivity of the final product. Thus making the rubber covering on electrical cables, safe for handling by bare hands.
Avani Group of Industry specialises in manufacturing extremely fine and lamellar Talc. Our Talc powder suits all the needs for rubber industry.
Contact us to know more about our rubber grade Talc powder.